The BMS is a business matching service for foreign buyers looking for products and business partners in Korea. The service is provided by a Korean government agency, the Small and Medium Business Corporation (SBC).
How can I sign up for BMS?
Click on the "BMS Application" button.
Check "Company & Contact Information" → Register "Product Information for Purchasing" → Submit Application
How can I access the inquiry response?
A response to your inquiry will be emailed to you soon.
The submitted application and its relevant response can be found at My Page.
The response will include basic information about Korean suppliers you've inquired, and you will be able to contact them directly.
How much does BMS cost?
BMS(Business Matching Service) is fully run and funded by a Korean government agency, and is provided completely free of charge.
How will I be matched with Korean businesses?
We will find the businesses that best meet your needs from the list of Korean companies registered at the SBC and help you to contact them.
Is there a service I can enjoy if I were to visit Korea after finding the product I want?
Apply for VAP (Visitor Assistance Program) to benefit from assistance with arranging meetings, as well as getting information on Korean trade regulations, transportation, and accommodation. This service is also run free of charge, and detailed information can be found under VAP on this website.
How can I sign up for a membership with GobizKOREA?
If this is your first visit to GobizKOREA, click on [Sign up], Read the TOA and Click [Agree], then fill out the required fields. (The required fields are marked with *.)
At the end, click [Register] and a verification e-mail will be sent to the address you have provided. You need to click on the [Verify] button in the e-mail to have your ID approved for joining the membership and to sign in.
How long will it take for my membership to be approved?
A verification e-mail will be sent to you immediately after you register the account information. The earlier you verify your e-mail address, the quicker your membership will be approved.
If you did not receive the verification e-mail, please contact the webmaster at contact us
How much does it cost to sign up for membership with GobizKOREA and access its services ?
Membership and services on GobizKOREA are free.
GobizKOREA is run by two non-profit government agencies of Korea, the SMBA and the SBC.
Why should I sign up for membership with GobizKOREA?
You can enjoy the BMS and the VAP for free. Also, you can access to product information and company data
registered at GobizKorea in addition to any inquiry you have.
I keep experiencing an unidentifiable error during the Sign Up process.
If you are having difficulties during the Sign Up process, please e-mail us with detailed information at contact us.
Please make sure to include detailed information about the errors you experienced with an image file of the window, if possible, as they are essential for us when looking into and resolving the problem. Once we have fixed the error, we will contact you as soon as possible.
Sign in & Password
What should I do if I cannot remember my ID and/or password?
If you cannot remember your ID and/or password, please do the following:
1. Click [Find ID/ Password] next to the [Sign In] box.
2. Enter the e-mail address you entered during the Sign Up process.
3. Click [Send].
Your ID and Password information will be automatically e-mailed to you.
If you cannot remember your e-mail address, please contact us with your name, company name and/or the CEO’s name via e-mail at contact us. The webmaster will verify your information and e-mail your ID and default password to you.
Please change your default password immediately after signing in.
Please specify your company name as follows in the subject area.
- Subject: ID and Password Inquiry (GobizKOREA, Inc.)
How can I change my password?
You can change your password as follows:
1. Sign in and go to [My Page]
2. Click [Edit Account Information]
3. Enter the new password
4. Enter the new password from 3 in the [Verify New Password]
5. Click [Register] at the bottom
Why do I keep experiencing errors during the Sign In process?
When an error message pops up during the Sign In process, please check for followings. (1) Entrance of incorrect password
Check if your "Caps Lock" is on, and make sure that you did not enter a space between the characters in your password. (2) Internal Server Error
If the "Internal Server Error" message pops up, you might experience a temporary network problem or a server reboot problem.
Close down all the browsers and reboot your computer. This error can be also occurred when you use other internet browsers besides IE or Netscape. (3) Cookie Error
If you are experiencing a cookie error, please try the following:
1) Internet Explorer 6.0 : Click [Tool/Internet Options]; Click [Delete Cookies] and [Delete Files]; Click [Security] and set as [Default]; Click [Privacy], set as [Medium].
2) Internet Explorer 5.x : Click [Tool/Internet Options]; Click [Security]; Click [Internet Zone]; Set [Security] as [High] or [Custom Level], Scroll to [Cookies] and click [Enable] for the two cookie options.
3) Internet Explorer 4.x : Click [View] and check [Internet option]; Click [Advanced]; Scroll to [Security]; Click [Always Accept Cookies] under [Cookies].
4) Netscape 4.x : Click [Edit] then [Preferences]; Click [Advanced]; Check [Accept All Cookies].
If the problem persists, find the directory into which the system has been installed (ex. Sub-directories "Cookies" and "Temporary Internet Files" of C:Windows). Erase all the files with the name "Cookies" then reboot the computer. (4) Your Account Cannot be Used at This Time.
Your account may have been suspended or deactivated. Please contact us at contact us for further details. (5) There is a delay in opening the page.
You could be experiencing a temporary network problem or server reboot problem.
Try again and if the same problem occurs, e-mail us at contact us by attaching the URL you were trying to open. We will look into the problem as soon as possible.
What can I do to ensure the security of my account?
Please take the following measures to ensure the security of your account with GobizKOREA:
1. Use a password you can easily remember but which others cannot guess easily. The password is case sensitive, and both letters and numbers in combination need to be used. (ex. Seong5496)
2. Sign in and change the password any time you think your security has been compromised.
Please refer to "How can I change my password" for further details.
How can I edit my account information?
If you want to change your account information, such as your e-mail address, phone number, etc. please do as follows:
1. Sign in and go to [My Page]
2. Click [Edit Account Information]
3. Enter the new information
4. Make sure all the new information is accurate and click [Register] at the bottom.
Can I change my member ID?
We are sorry to inform you that your ID cannot be changed. For security reasons, all GobizKOREA account information is tied to individual member IDs. However, you can sign up for a membership with a new ID. If you are not going to use the old ID, contact us at contact us and we will suspend the use of the old ID.
Please write "Changing the member's ID" in the subject area of your inquiry form, and inform us your new and old IDs in the text area.
[My Page] is a menu for individual account management by GobizKOREA members. This function is associated with:
1. Managing your account information (Editing phone number, e-mail address, etc.)
2. Checking details of inquires and responses
3. BMS application details and responses
4. VAP application details and responses
5. Scrapbook for product information and/or companies in which you are interested in.
6. Categorization of your interesting areas.
Editing Account Information
“Basic Information” includes your personal information and company information entered during the Sign Up process. You can edit your personal information after signing in and also can cancel your membership here.
- Edit the account information on [My Page> Edit Account Information] whenever your personal information and/or company information has been changed.
- You can edit the account information after signing in.
If you are not satisfied with services offered by GobizKOREA or are experiencing difficulties, please contact us at contact us.
If you are not happy with our feedback and/or follow-up measures, and want to cancel your membership, you may do so by accessing to [My Page> Edit Account Information].
You can check any inquiry and response you’ve sent and received in the past.
You may also directly contact the companies based on information given in the response.
Please fill out the Satisfaction Survey on the inquiry response. If you mark your satisfaction level as “Low,” the BMS Global Sourcing Team will e-mail you the BMS information to better assist you in finding the products and/or companies you wish to learn about.
If you have not received a satisfying response in a timely manner, please e-mail us. BMS Global Sourcing Team e-mail you the BMS information to better assist you in finding the products and/or companies you wish to learn about.
Please refer to [Inquiry & Quotation] for details of your inquiry.
Check the list of BMS applications and responses.
Check the list of VAP applications and responses.
You can save information on the companies and products in which you are interested in the Scrapbook.
If you see any information on the companies and products of your interest while browsing through the Korean Company Blogs, click [Interesting Products]. You will be able to access the information under [My Page> My Interests > Interesting Products].
Inquiry & Quotation
How Can I Send an Inquiry?
It is very easy!!! You can send an inquiry using the 3-step instruction as follows:
Click [Inquiry] to the right side of the product list; or Go to the blog of the company/ product of your interest -> Click [Inquiry] -> Fill out the [Inquiry Form]
-> Click [OK] in the Inquiry Window.
How Can I Check the Response to My Inquiry?
You can check the response on [My Page>Inquiry] after signing in.
How Can I Get a Quick Feedback(Response) in an Efficient Manner?
1. Most important! Check if your phone number and address information is accurate.
(You can edit the information on [My Page>Edit Account Information].)
2. Add a brief introduction about your company and yourself. Without this information, your inquiry may be categorized as a fraudulent or spam e-mail, in which case you will not receive any feedback.
3. When making a request for quotation, please give specific information, for example, order amount, etc.
(Note: If your inquiry is too short or is incomplete, it may be regarded as disingenuous.)
How Can I Make Sure I Get More Responses to the Inquiry?
We recommend the following to make sure you get more responses to your inquiry through GobizKOREA.
Please include as many details as possible.
Add the specifics on the products and services, as well as your desirable purchasing conditions. This will help the supplier get a better picture of your demands and will give you more chances to get responses.
Can I Check Inquiry Details from the Past?
Of course you can! Sign in to the website and go to [My Page]. You can check the inquiry details and responses under [Inquiry History].
1. Sign in to GobizKOREA (www.GobizKOREA.com)
2. Go to [Check My Page>Inquiry History>Past Inquiries and Responses]
Search & Archive
How Can I Find Manufacturers via GobizKOREA?
1. General Search (Keyword Search)
Enter the product or company name keyword in the search field.
-> Click [Find]
-> Check the details on products and companies from the search result list.
2. Detailed Search
You can find the products or companies according to the search conditions of your choice.
Products can be found with keyword, category, and registration date.
Companies can be found with keyword, category, and business type.
Select the search conditions of your choice.
-> Click [Find]
-> Check the details on products and companies from the list of search results.
3. Find by Product Category
Select the search conditions of your choice.
GobizKOREA uses the UNSPSC to have the products categorized under two different levels.
Keyword Search Tips
Please take note of the following when running a keyword search at GobizKOREA.
General use of keywords:
1. Use an accurate phrase (ex. automated switch).
2. If you are dissatisfied with the result, try again with less words.
3. A keyword with too many specifics may not yield a satisfying result. (ex. waterproof digital wrist watch).
4. Search for one product at a time.
Fraud & Spam
What should I do when it is suspected that I have been a victim of a fraudulent or spam e-mail?
If you suspect that you have been a victim of a fraudulent or spam e-mail from another GobizKorea member, please contact us immediately.
First, send us the related e-mail correspondence, records of phone conversations, suspect’s member ID and e-mail address (if known) at contact us. Based on the TOA, we can suspend the membership privileges of the members suspected of unethical conduct.
If you have received a questionable e-mail or phone call, please contact us immediately.
How can I enhance security when contacting a potential business partner?
Unfortunately, there are many types of cyber fraud. The most common three are as follows: (This information will help you to avoid or prevent potential damages)
- Bank Account Wire (Fraudulent E-mail) The fraudulent e-mail first originated in Nigeria, but it has spread to a number of other countries. Such fraudulent e-mails are often phrased as an introduction of some sort from a wealthy person (a famous entrepreneur or a government official). They usually say that a client is looking for a place to safely deposit the wealth of the deceased, and that 20~30% of the inheritance would be paid as commission if the recipient provides them with a bank account.
- Quotation Invoice (Personal Information Harvesting) Some scammers request a quotation invoice in the middle of a transaction. This is to withdraw the victim’s funds and purchase the sample using your name and the company’s reputation. Please be aware that the stolen identity can be used in other frauds.
- Credit Card Fraud Be extra careful when a business partner you have met online offers to make a payment solely with by check or by credit card. There is a risk that a counterfeit check or stolen credit card will be used and you will ultimately become a victim of fraud if you accept such a payment condition.
As is the case with many websites, often occurred in many other websites, your internet browser needs to be compatible with the cookie and other functions on the GobizKOREA website for you to sign in.
"Cookie" in the Internet refers to a small amount of information which the internet browser (IE, Netscape) saves so as to maintain a record of the user on the website. GobizKOREA utilizes the cookie to allow members to access the information they want from the website in a timely manner, which eliminates the inconvenience of having to sign in every time you move to a different part of the website.
What should I do when a Cookie Error occurs?
If you are experiencing a cookie error, please try the following: Internet Explorer 6.0 : Click [Tool/Internet Options]; Click [Delete Cookies] and [Delete Files]; Click [Security] and set as [Default]; Click [Privacy], set as [Medium]. Internet Explorer 5.x : Click [Tool/Internet Options]; Click [Security]; Click [Internet Zone]; Set [Security] as [High] or [Custom Level], Scroll to [Cookies] and click [Enable] for the two cookie options. Internet Explorer 4.x : Click [View] and check [Internet option]; Click [Advanced]; Scroll to [Security]; Click [Always Accept Cookies] under [Cookies]. Netscape 4.x : Click [Edit] then [Preferences]; Click [Advanced]; Check [Accept All Cookies].
If the problem persists, find the directory into which the system has been installed (ex. Sub-directories "Cookies" and "Temporary Internet Files" of C:Windows). Erase all the files with the name "Cookies" and then reboot the computer.
Banner Exchange with GobizKOREA
It is our policy to exchange the banner only with companies and organizations that meet the pre-set criteria.
The eligible parties are e-market sites, government (government agencies), or similar organizations. (Individual manufacturers/ exporters/ importers/ distributors are excluded from the banner exchange subject list.)
The banner partners need to post the banner image and a brief description of GobizKorea on their website.
When a partner’s banner size is too big or small, it may be adjusted to fit the protocol.
If you are eligible and willing to exchange the banner with us, please contact the webmaster. Write "Banner Exchange with GobizKorea" in the subject line, and include the URL of your website and the organization’s name in the text line.