MDF (Medium Density Fiber Board) Membrane Foil
(Patent No.099741 - Thermo Transfer Film for Curved Surfaces)
To make natural wooden effect with various patterns and colors on MDF, this product is made through processes of printing on PVC film, and transfer by membrane press machine, and removing PVC film, and painting process on surface. Seoul Chemical obtained its patent in 1986, and started mass production. Before this, all domestic demands were fulfilled by importing from JAPAN.
(1) Product Characteristics
ⓐ Environment-Friendly Product
- Applied to MDF made of sawdust or scrubs, this will prevent the destruction of the natural environment by reckless deforestation.
- The existing widely applied Deco Sheet in the market discharges poisonous materials when scrapped, thus polluting the environment, but our product can be recycled, since PVC films are removed after transfer.
ⓑ Waterproof, Light-stability and Durability
- Existing Deco Sheet or Paper is not resistant to water, has light-stability, and easily deteriorates. Our product goes through 1 to 3 times painting process, improving to a great extent the product’s waterproof property, stability, and durability.
ⓒ Productivity Improvement
- Our products can be transferred onto MDF flat surface, NC area(Up to10mm), and edge part at the same time, improving productivity.
ⓓ Possible expressions of various designs and colors.
- At present, we own about 2,000 different designs.
- Custom color matching available.
- You can display many colors & designs on your door with a one step decorating process.
(2) Production Operations
ⓐ MDF Cutting and NC processing → ⓑ Sanding → ⓒ Spraying water bond →ⓓ Drying (30 minutes at natural temperature) →ⓔ Transfering →ⓕ Removing Base film (PVC) →ⓖ 1st Painting-Drying-Sanding-2nd Painting →ⓗ Grinding →ⓘ 3rd Painting (for high-class furniture) →ⓙ Drying (25-30℃, 6 hours) →ⓚFinishing
ⓐ Coating - Must use non-Yellowing paint.
- Must control proper paint quantity
ⓑ Storage - Products should be stored in a cool area (20~25℃) and not in direct sunlight.
It must be kept in a hanging position with a bar.