1. ObjectiveTo determine the bacterial, yeast and fungal resistance of the adhesive and its applied film resistance.
2. Samples Examined 1 polyethylene film coated by normal(Blank) adhesive polyethylene films coated by anti-bacterial adhesive(0.3%, 0.5%, 0.7% ACTICIDE DW added respectively)
3. Test Methods UsedEach sample is painted onto a substrate closely simulating that used in practice. A defined mixed spore suspension prepared from fungi (including yesats) relevant in practice is spray inoculated onto the dry film surfaces. The panels are allowed to dry before they are suspended in a high humidity cabinet for four weeks under specified conditions favorable for fungal growth. The resultant fungal growth on the surface is assessed visually and microscopically.
4. ResultsResults are detailed in the tables below and are described in the summary.
* Film Fungal Examination Table 1
* Growth Ratings:Surface Fungal Growth 0 ( no growth ) to XXXX (dense growth)
* Micro-organisms used: Alternaria alternata Phoma violaceaeAspergillus versicolor Phodotorula rubraAureobasidium pullulans Sporobolomyces roseusCladosporium cladosporoides Stachybotrys chartarumPenicillium purpurogenum Ulocladium atrum
||No of Sheets
|Top Cover Sheet
|Bottom Cover Sheet