Rounding Cut Wire ball produced by sung kwang, which accurate cuts high carbon steel and removes sharp edge, is suitable for shot peening for goods because of its high durability and uniform hardness and diameter.
*Merits of using ROUNDED CUT WIRE
- Reduction of processing cost through durability
- Uniform peening effect with uniform hardness and diameter
- Environmental preservation with no dust (or cracks)
The cut wire shot is such that is produced by cutting 0.45 to 0.7% high carbon steel wire into a specific length. As it has the hardness distribution of 40 to 60, with high strength and durability, it has longer life than any other shot products.
In addition, as its particles have the uniform size, it is at least 2 times faster than the cast steel shot product. The features of cut wire shot product are as follows;
1. It increases the descaling property by hitting hard the workpiece without energy loss as it is very close to a perfect rigid body with high material and specific gravity of 7.85.
2. It has longer life as it is highly resistant to impact, abrasion and fatigue (approximately 2 time longer than steel shot products).
3. It has high rebound property as it is highly elastic and produces high cleaning efficiency as its shape is large and complicated.
4. The size of its particles is uniform, which enables control of particle distribution in a machine.
5. The speed of cleaning is at least 2 times faster than other shot products.
6. It does not produce fragments as it is a perfect rigid object, which reduces the abrasion of components in a machine, resulting in reduction of maintenance costs.
55 ~ 60
55 ~ 58
53 ~ 57
52 ~ 55
50 ~ 53
It is a method of hitting the surface of a workpiece by ejecting shots or grits at a speed of approximately 100m/sec to the workpiece.
The ejecting methods are mainly divided into the air blast method that uses compressed air and the airless blast that uses an impeller.
The ejected shot is automatically collected immediately, and supplies to the ejector after removing foreign substance or dust on it, and this process is repeated thousands times.
*Application : This figure shows the results of the life cycle test. In high hard shot, the life of ROUNDED CUT WIRE is fourteen times that of cast steel shot.