Tomato Cast (Synthetic Orthopedic Casting Tape)
It is classified to medical devices class 1. Casting Tape is made of a knitted fiberglass or polyester substrate impregnated with a water-activated polyurethane resin. Tomato Cast is intended for use in the construction of most common orthopedic casts, as well as specialized prosthetics and orthotic devices. Specific application suitability should be the responsibility of a qualified, on-site medical professional.
Tomato Cast is a very common product already for its heating temperature and hardening time. However, some detail using idea can be suggested by users.
There are three types of Tomato Cast namely, Cast, Soft Cast, and Patterned Cast.
1. TOMATO Cast
Tomato Cast has been designed for immobilization of fractures, sprains, and strains, etc.
- Comfortability: Smooth unrolling offers doctors can wrap it with less pressure and the patient will have no pains during the applying procedure.
- Conformability and mouldability: Our own produced extreme soft fabric makes it easier to wrap and shape the contours of the human body/
- Durability for safety: Tomato Cast is strong to impact and durable on the edges.
- Tack-free and no layer separation
- Excellent X-ray translucency
2. TOMATO Soft Cast
Tomato Soft Cast consists of a knitted polyester fabric impregnated with a polyurethane resin. Exposure to moisture or water initiates a chemical reaction which causes the roll to set. The finished wrap will retain its shape while remaining elastic to the touch.
- Easy to be cut off by bandage scissors
- Enough fixation for support
- Skin tight applications without padding
- Shoes can be worn with the cast on
- Suitable for a child in cast removal
3. TOMATO Patterned Cast
- To be used to improve effective treatment through a patient's state of balance
- Basic 5 patterns: flower, panda, camo blue, camo pink, camo green