Saffon(IoT-based structural deformation detection system) is a big data system that can detect real-time deformation to detect real-time deformation and accumulate big data on structures or ground such as bridges, tunnels, soft ground, roads, railways, dams, etc.
An IoT smart measurement system is a system that converts/transmits signals by connecting wireless transmitters to existing sensors, which can be used with sensors (fine dust concentration, noise measurement, etc.) as well as sensors to measure ground and structure displacement.
The main content
1) Consolidate existing systems that convert, process, and transmit signals from sensors into one node
- Simplified measurement system (sensor + node) reduces deployment costs and is easy to install
- Multiple sensors can be connected to one node
- Enables battery pack use and low power operation (LoRa)
2) Utilize wireless communication and integrated monitoring systems
- Use of local communication system connection (SK public communication network in Korea), installation convenience, reduced operating costs, and excellent versatility in roads, railways, ports, and forests as well as structures
- Provides encryption security functions based on large cloud platforms in public institutions.
- Real-time monitoring with big data storage/analysis enables early response and quick action in case of an emergency
Construction procedures and methods of new technologies
- Select sensor installation location
- Align the selected locations evenly and install the sensor so that it is level with the ground
- After checking the sensor's security, connect it to the IoT structure deformation detection system to check for communication/data abnormalities and set an initial value if there is no abnormality
Technological and Economic Impact
- IoT-based structure deformation detection system is a smart technology that combines future innovation technologies (IoT sensors, wireless networks, big data, cloud, Ai, etc.) and is a smart measurement system that integrates multiple functions such as IoT sensing, wireless communication, and data processing. Existing smart measurements have a transmission system attached to each sensor, which increases the installation cost when installing multiple sensors, and is less versatile, but this system is very compatible because it can be connected to up to 4 to 32 sensors. In addition, data transmission/reception is possible anywhere in the country where mobile phone calls are possible due to the use of the largest communication network (SK) in Korea.
- Construction equipment is reduced by more than 50% when using IoT smart measurement systems compared to existing automation systems. Additionally, the IoT measurement system requires additional labor costs for measurement twice a week (standard item calculation, KRW 389,276/2 per intermediate) to secure safety of field workers by excluding unnecessary contacts by minimizing on-site manpower deployment.
- In addition, there is little on-site inspection for maintenance due to battery installation, and in the event of data abnormalities or sensor loss, real-time monitoring enables immediate response and recovery through remote detection.
- The IoT smart measurement system is a system that connects wireless transmission devices to existing sensors and converts/transmits signals. It can be used not only for sensors that can measure ground and structure displacement, but also for everyday life (fine dust concentration, noise measurement, etc.).